Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

moneybunny

77 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2008 :  11:50:02  Show Profile
Hi just wondered if anyone had the link fo these guidelines or a saved document of them? I have searched the internet but I cant find the actual document or information that it contains. The guidelines are mentioned but there are no links to it! I would be greatful if someone could shed some light today as I need to complete my Inc & Exp the eve reading fo my telephone appointment tomorrow! Thanks

Vanessa Phillips
Debt Diva Expert

464 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2008 :  17:13:01  Show Profile
Hi Moneybunny, and welcome to our site.

Amy from Bright Oak should be able to get them for you, but if not, I will see what I can do. I don't have them to hand but will endeavour to get them for you.

Vanessa
Mortgage and Lending Consultant
Go to Top of Page

Vanessa Phillips
Debt Diva Expert

464 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2008 :  17:15:19  Show Profile
Sorry, should have read all the postings before replying! Seems Melanie all ready has it in hand!

Vanessa
Go to Top of Page

moneybunny

77 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2008 :  17:27:33  Show Profile
Hi Vanessa thanks for the reply!, melanie said she would post a link on the website but I am not sure if she has done this as i cant find it anywhere as yet and she only mentioned it in the early hours of this morning! If you do hae it to hand that would be great as like i said I have to get it dont this evening is possible! Thanx again!
Go to Top of Page

Melanie Giles
Debt Diva Expert

555 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2008 :  20:19:31  Show Profile
Unfortunately the site does not allow me to post attachments, so I will send the spreadsheet to the site administrators and see if they can put a linked page on the site.

Melanie Giles is a Licensed Insolvency Practitioner with over 23 years experience of helping people to budget more efficiently or resolving their financial difficulties. Melanie is a director of the IVA Advice Bureau, a leading provider of insolvency services with specific experience of voluntary arrangements, debt management and bankruptcy assistance.
Go to Top of Page

Melanie Giles
Debt Diva Expert

555 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2008 :  22:22:52  Show Profile
Our lovely site administrators have now loaded the guidelines onto the site. See "Latest Articles" to download a copy of the file which is an Excel worksheet.

Melanie Giles is a Licensed Insolvency Practitioner with over 23 years experience of helping people to budget more efficiently or resolving their financial difficulties. Melanie is a director of the IVA Advice Bureau, a leading provider of insolvency services with specific experience of voluntary arrangements, debt management and bankruptcy assistance.
Go to Top of Page

moneybunny

77 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2008 :  23:13:16  Show Profile
Thank you !
Go to Top of Page

moneybunny

77 Posts

Posted - 08 December 2008 :  23:40:05  Show Profile
cant seem to find the latest articles link?
Go to Top of Page

pern2808
Forum Administrator

38 Posts

Posted - 09 December 2008 :  21:10:31  Show Profile
CCCS Guidelines are no longer available for public download.
Go to Top of Page

moneybunny

77 Posts

Posted - 09 December 2008 :  22:43:57  Show Profile
Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Libragirl
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2008 :  00:31:00  Show Profile
I have looked at the guidelines and cannot believe that this is all is allowed for a single person. It would take me six months to save up enough to pay for my usual hairdo, and how am I supposed to feed the kids on 195 per month - sometimes I spend more than this on a weekly shop.
Go to Top of Page

Melanie Nicholas
Debt Diva Expert

240 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2008 :  12:30:10  Show Profile
HI there the 195 is for a single person you would not be expected to feed your children on that ! each child has a maximum allowance of 75 so for example 1 adult 1 child 274 couple and 1 child 392. It is still not a huge sum of money but can be achieved, just requires careful budgeting

Melanie Nicholas Insolvency Manager -JonesGiles
Go to Top of Page

Vanessa Phillips
Debt Diva Expert

464 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2008 :  15:14:40  Show Profile
Libragirl - I did smile when I saw your reply about how could you live on that amount?!

Take it from someone who has herself suffered from severe finacial difficulties in the past (brought on by a disasterous business partnership - no fault of my own I hasten to add), you can do it. As I am now a single parent with 2 young children I have to adhere to a very strict budget, hence my love of all things Lidls! You have to cut costs where ever you can - I am afraid that expensive hair do's are a thing of the past for me, and I have explained to my children that due to our family circumstances it will be a lean Christmas this year. It is amaing how resiliant little ones are. As long as they have a stocking to open from Father Christmas that is all they are really worried about.

You can do it, you just have to get into the mindset, and writing down everything you spend may seem laborious at first, but believe me, it does concentrate the mind.

Another good tip is when you just 'can't resist that new pair of shoes/handbag/coat etc' before you buy, ask your self "do I REALLY NEED this?". Walk away and if you still can't do with out it, go
back and buy it later in the week.

Vanessa
Go to Top of Page

Melanie Nicholas
Debt Diva Expert

240 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2008 :  17:59:09  Show Profile
My tip which worked for me when things were really tight was to only take cash shopping! that way I could not splurge on something that had caught my eye! If you are paying with cash at the checkout in the supermarket it is amazing how low you can get the bill, try it! You start to question every purchase going in the trolley in case heavan forbid you did not have enough to pay! it stops you taking up 'special offers' such as buy 1 get 1 free which you probably don't really need! I managed to save loads on my weekly shop just by using cash, stupid i know but when you are paying with plastic, even if on a debit card you just chuck things in regardless. I also avoid the sections in Tesco where the clothes, homewares etc are located and just go to the food section to resist temptation otherwise things just end up aooearing in my trolley!
Also the best tip of all - go on your own! its amazing how much ends up in the trolley which I would normally not buy if my boys are with me!

Melanie Nicholas Insolvency Manager -JonesGiles
Go to Top of Page

Melanie Giles
Debt Diva Expert

555 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2008 :  21:22:01  Show Profile
I also started to save money when I went shopping every fortnight rather than weekly. You tend to make things last over the longer period, and not impulse buy so much. Also sitting down and planning menus for each day, rather than getting stuff in on a whim, can really contribute to good savings.

Go to Top of Page

Antonia

21 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2008 :  21:49:01  Show Profile
We also use these guidelines at work, as well as the Common Financial Statement, and generally find that most people are happy to work within these budgets as in reality they have been spending a lot less while they are struggling to repay their debts.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Debt Divas Answer © 2008 - 2017 Debt Divas Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Consumer Credit Licence: 0617772. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Please note that telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.