confused and stressed
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cait13
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2015 :  15:14:36  Show Profile
Hi Im new to this so please bare with me.

I am about ?4200 in debt with my Barclaycard.
They keep charging me interest and no matter how much I keep paying off the interest is higher therefore im getting nowhere!
I have 2 other credit cards which I pay the minimum payments each month and cannot move this to a 0% balance transfer card because of bad credit score from missed payments etc.

Im trying so hard but feel im getting nowhere. Ive read loads online saying however bad it is if you stop making payments then Barclaycard will eventually stop contacting and in a few years credit score will be new basically.

Ive already had letters off barclaycard to say im ?200 over my credit limit but I simply cannot pay what they want me to pay each month. I've heard they are bullies and use lots of scare tastics, Its working as im a baby when it comes to things like this.

Can you please give me some advice on what my options are to resolve these issues as its getting me down and affecting my well being

Amy Jellings
Debt Diva Expert

110 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2015 :  18:14:18  Show Profile
Welcome to the forum cait13.

If you cannot afford these repayments it's very important that you reach out for professional debt advice.

Along with the adviser you'll be able to work out a good plan to make this better.

Stopping making any payments is more likely to make things worse.

Amy Jellings
Bright Oak
Debt Advice & Debt Management
Go to Top of Page

cait13
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2015 :  12:51:31  Show Profile
Thanks for your reply Amy.

Where do I go about doing this?

Could you point me in the right direction?

Would I contact barclaycard and be upfront with them or get advice first.

Thanks for all advice
Go to Top of Page

Amy Jellings
Debt Diva Expert

110 Posts

Posted - 09 January 2015 :  10:19:58  Show Profile
Hi cait13.

There are lots of places you can get professional debt advice.

Our own advisers would be happy to help you, so would some of the debt charities that operate telephone and internet services, or you could make a face-to-face appointment at your local CAB.

There would be no harm in telling Barclaycard that you're taking debt advice and will come back to them. This may encourage them to give you a little breathing space.

Amy Jellings
Bright Oak
Debt Advice & Debt Management
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Debt Divas Answer © 2008 - 2017 Debt Divas Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Consumer Credit Licence: 0617772. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Please note that telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.