Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Debt Divas
 Welcome To Debt Divas
 what is affect does bankruptcy have on an address?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gymgirl
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2009 :  12:08:59  Show Profile
hello, i was wondering if you go bankrupt what affect does that have on the address? i don't want others in the house i live in affected if i go bankrupt (a relative owns it - different surname). also, do they chase you at your address for the debts once you are bankrupt - i know they are not meant to but in reality do they?
thanks in advance for you help if you reply!

Amy Jellings
Debt Diva Expert

110 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2009 :  20:30:34  Show Profile
Hi there,

The issue can arise when credit reference agencies "link" persons who reside at the same address. If you live with people who have seperate financial affairs to yours they can write to a credit reference agency (like Equifax) with a Notice of Disassociation - details of how to do this can be found on the agency websites.

You only need to do this for one agency - they will notify the others. The effect should be that the other person does not experience additional issues in obtaining credit due to the bankruptcy of the first person.

Collections efforts tend to end quickly - the Official Receiver will notify all creditors of the bankruptcy quickly. If anyone calls or writes to you it is fairly simple to prove to them that the bankruptcy has taken place and that the debt is no longer due. The details of any individual's bankruptcy are publicly available online and serve as quick proof that further collections efforts are pointless.

I hope this helps?

Amy Jellings
Bright Oak
Debt Advice & Debt Management
Go to Top of Page

gymgirl
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2009 :  19:45:37  Show Profile
Yes that reply was useful thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
Average Member

563 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2009 :  10:07:20  Show Profile
My partner wasn't affected when I went BR - he has applied for a new mortgage and credit card since with no problems.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.
Go to Top of Page

Agent Smith
Average Member

782 Posts

Posted - 11 July 2009 :  10:35:31  Show Profile
Me and hubby are both in an IVA and daughter still lives at our address. She has managed to credit with no problem at all.

IVA completed with a full and final offer.
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Vanessa Phillips
Debt Diva Expert

464 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2009 :  22:34:27  Show Profile
Contrary to popular belief, it is the PERSON who is 'black-listed' not the address. As Amy quite rightly said, if there is a finacial 'link' then you need to have it removed. When I was made bankrupt, I made sure I 'disassociated' myself from my ex, and he has never had any further problems gaining credit, even though we lived in the same house for 19 years!

Vanessa Phillips isn‘«÷t currently posting in the Debt Divas forum
Go to Top of Page

My Reality
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2013 :  16:30:04  Show Profile
Hi this is tricky All my mail goes to my daughters (violent ex)but i live elsewhere (for my safety) As all my debts and my credit agency report names me at my daughters can i legally go bankrupt there even though i live elsewhere

IMPORTANTI know bankruptcy's are published in London is there a way to stop it going in the local newspaper? can the judge make that order? i cannot risk him finding me or my daughter I also suffer with mental heath issues & extreme paranoia.

Any advice would be appreciated
Go to Top of Page

Amy Jellings
Debt Diva Expert

110 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2013 :  17:03:48  Show Profile
Hi My Reality.

I've answered this question on the other thread where you asked it:

http://www.debtdivas.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=444&whichpage=3

Amy Jellings
Bright Oak
Debt Advice & Debt Management
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Debt Divas Answer © 2008 - 2017 Debt Divas Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Consumer Credit Licence: 0617772. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Please note that telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.