Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Robbiecat

39 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2009 :  20:37:52  Show Profile
I know a lot of us are battling our weight at the moment - I'm weighing in at *ahem - cough* 13st 9lbs and my target weight is 11st 4lbs.

Would anyone be interested in a virtual slimming club on Debt Divas? My suggestion is that we treat it like Alcoholics Anonomous, in that we try and tackle it one day at a time, and use the forum to post our success and moan/sympathise about our failures as well as share tips and menu ideas? Instead of concentrating on the *big picture* e.g I have to lose 2st, how about we concentrate on weekly targets of say 0.5lb or 1lb. Much more realistic and achievable!

I'm counting calories as it helped me lose 4st last time I did it - I'm concentrating on healthy eating rather than calories as such, and aim to hit no more than 2000 a day. I also walk the dogs a minimum of 2 miles a night. (About 40 minutes).

A typical menu for today for me was 1950 calories,

Breakfast - Wheetabix with added cranberries, 2 cups of coffee
Snack at 10.30am - Yogurt and Banana
Lunch - Smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel, 2 plums (oo-er missus)& a cereal bar
Dinner - Quiche and Salad and a piece of brown bread and butter & a glass of fruit juice.

I'm also drinking lots of water. (And peeing like a horse!!)

I'd be lying if I didn't say it was driving me mad having to walk away from chocolate and red-wine (they're food groups after all) and I'm chewing gum like it's going out of fashion, but I AM feeling very virtuous! I don't want to go down the faddy diet route, just want to eat healthily.

My aim by Monday is to have lost 1.5lbs. (I started last Monday). Anyone game? Weigh-in would be posting on a Monday. You don't have to post a starting weight if you don't want to, but just post what you have lost? Or stayed the same/gained (at which point we can try and offer hints and tips of what worked for us).

RC

Tracey
Average Member

563 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2009 :  20:52:21  Show Profile
I'm up for it RC. As I posted earlier I really need motivation - or a kick up the backside. Not that I'd feel it at the moment with all the extra padding!

Seriously, I must be over 13st now and a healthy weight for me is 9st 6lb - 11st 10lb. I'll be happy to get to 11st, but slowly and healthily.

I'll weigh in on Monday and post here. I've no idea what diet I'll follow yet (WW or SW), so I'll have to think about that over the weekend!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.
Go to Top of Page

Julie G

415 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2009 :  21:21:45  Show Profile
I'll give it a whirl - I weigh on a Friday morning, but I'll post my update on a Monday with the rest of you. I'll aim for 1lb a week..I know its not much but doing it in the hope that if it comes off slow it'll stay off

My typical daily diet is:
Brekkie - glass of orange juice & breakfast bar ( normally ate in work)
mid-morning snack - apple/banana
Lunch - jacket potato with tuna and sweetcorn, packet of crisps
Dinner - beef stew ( or whatever else Alun has made) always with 2 slices of bread

Drink 2lites of water and up to 4 cups black decaff coffee.

Exercise - 40 mins wii fit / 60 min walk

This is an honest account, its the dinner that varies as it can be stir fry or cooked dinner. I also have the occasional biscuit /cake in work as a treat.

Believe it & you'll achieve it xx
Go to Top of Page

thereisanend

222 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2009 :  21:28:42  Show Profile  Click to see thereisanend's MSN Messenger address
Right I'll join in, I'm currently weighing in at .....15.3! I was fifteen, eleven and a half, 3 weeks ago. Been doing slimming world. Tracey you got a sw book? I'm not promising but I might have one upstairs that I can look out for you if you want it??

Exercise I do lack and at the minute I can't eat because of the stress I'm experiencing and only eaten a sandwich all day today! I physically can't eat, with money worries and the funeral but I'll soon be back to normal (if I ever can be?). But i can't force myself to eat at the moment. x
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
Average Member

563 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2009 :  21:33:30  Show Profile
Thanks Thereisanend, I've got an old SW book - I think it's 2007 so hopefully it hasn't changed too much! Have you been going to meetings? I've heard they are doing a new plan - Extra Easy. From what I've read though it sounds too good to be true!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.
Go to Top of Page

margaret hammond

72 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2009 :  22:09:34  Show Profile  Click to see margaret hammond's MSN Messenger address
Oh yes I am up for it. i used to train 5 times a week and was super fit. But with setting up a business, I had no time and gained two stone as a result so having someone keep a virtual eye on me might just work lol x

curlytaff
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
Average Member

563 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2009 :  22:11:18  Show Profile
I was going to go to a SW class, but I can't really afford it this side of payday, so I'll use our virtual slimming class on here!

Go to Top of Page

Julie G

415 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2009 :  22:14:30  Show Profile
Its worth a try isn't it... good luck everyone

Believe it & you'll achieve it xx
Go to Top of Page

thereisanend

222 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2009 :  08:00:27  Show Profile  Click to see thereisanend's MSN Messenger address
Yes been going to class you can mix the days now. Not sure if their website will give you the details and it does seem too good to be true but appears to have results.
Go to Top of Page

Agent Smith
Average Member

782 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2009 :  12:42:45  Show Profile
Good luck to everyone! It's no good me joining in as I've done the cheats get out - a gastric bypass!

IVA completed with a full and final offer.
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Robbiecat

39 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2009 :  13:47:22  Show Profile
You can still join in though, Agent Smith! You'll be losing for a while yet!

And it's still going to take discipline. I know someone who had a gastric by-pass (they were 31st) and after a couple of weeks started liquidising Mars Bars and other stuff like that because they needed the taste of chocolate. Then couldn't work out why they kept weight on!!

RC

Edited by - Robbiecat on 13 February 2009 13:48:49
Go to Top of Page

sortingitallout
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2009 :  13:55:20  Show Profile
I'm in! I was 13 St 1 about a month ago and I think I'm about 12st 9 now. Long way to go to my 10.5 stone target, but I'm very determined!
Go to Top of Page

Robbiecat

39 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2009 :  14:10:59  Show Profile
Fab! OK, folks, this is how it'll work...

Mondays, people post their current weight/weight loss. Between times, share hints, tips, healthy recipies, general whine about the lack of chocolate, etc...

I have reassessed myself... My target weight is 11st. By Monday, I'd like to be 13st 4lbs.

I'm missing chocolate like hell!!

RC
Go to Top of Page

Agent Smith
Average Member

782 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2009 :  15:04:00  Show Profile
Liquidising Mars Bars!!

I really haven't felt like eating any chocolate at all (and I love the stuff!), I rarely finish a meal (and I have very little on my plate as it is). If I eat too quickly or don't chew well enough, I end up throwing up! For lunch today I had one crumpet with some Phillie light on it, a few dates and half a dozen dry roast peanuts!)

I was 20st 5lb when I started my pre operation diet on the 29th November. I now weigh 17st and have started to get into smaller clothes now (good job that I kept all my smaller clothes!)

I am exercising a bit more, and will probably be back to work in a week or so (Boo!)

Jan
Go to Top of Page

sortingitallout
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2009 :  16:30:35  Show Profile
I think my biggest driver is that my BMI is too high. I'm not saying its the best way to measure your health, but If I lose another 4 or 5 pounds I'll have a healthy BMI!!! (I'm about 5'10 and a half. I just think I'm being really stupid if I don't at least get the unhealthy weight off. Then I can concentrate on how I look.

This week I managed to break the habit of needing something sweet after a main meal. I just opt for a glass of squash or a cup of tea. No more desserT!
Go to Top of Page

Agent Smith
Average Member

782 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2009 :  17:23:01  Show Profile
Good for you - much healthier!

My BMI is still way off being healthy!

Jan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Debt Divas Answer © 2008 - 2017 Debt Divas Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Consumer Credit Licence: 0617772. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Please note that telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.