Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Tracey
Average Member

563 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2009 :  09:57:54  Show Profile
As I mentioned in one of my other posts I decided to sign up for the free trial of Weight Watchers online. They have a new plan called the Discover plan, and to be honest I'm not impressed - it's not really any different from the old Points plan, apart from they are encouraging you to eat more low GI foods like pasta and rice and cut out the treats. Sorry, but the treats were what kept me going!

Although it was free for 2 weeks I've cancelled the trial as I don't want to be billed 50 (for 3 months online membership) for something I can already do - I've got all the books from my previous attempts at losing weight at class.

I've still got all my old Slimming World books so I think I'm going to give that a try again - I lost 2st on it before I got bored last time. I love pasta and rice and things like that, but on WW I didn't get enough points to have them!

Good luck to anyone else trying to lose weight - I hope you're more motivated than me!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.

Suzanne Stocker
Debt Diva Expert

127 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2009 :  12:04:28  Show Profile
I couldn't get on with WW as it was too much weighing and measuring of everything. Slimming World for me as you can eat big portions!

Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
Average Member

563 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2009 :  12:08:06  Show Profile
That's what I was thinking! They've got a new plan as well - Extra Easy. From what I can make out if you do an EE day food from both red and green days is free so you can mix them but you only have 1 A and 1 B Healthy Extra.

I thought it sounded really good, but I'm reluctant to try it in case I've misunderstood and end up putting on more weight!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present, a gift to make the most of.
Go to Top of Page

Melanie Giles
Debt Diva Expert

555 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2009 :  23:51:54  Show Profile
My daughter in law had a gastric band fitted 14 months ago and has lost 11 stone! It may be a drastic measure, but she looks absolutely fabulous and at least she knows she has a pretty good chance of keeping the weight off.

Melanie Giles is a Licensed Insolvency Practitioner with over 23 years experience of helping people to budget more efficiently or resolving their financial difficulties. Melanie is a director of the IVA Advice Bureau, a leading provider of insolvency services with specific experience of voluntary arrangements, debt management and bankruptcy assistance.
Go to Top of Page

Suzanne Stocker
Debt Diva Expert

127 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2009 :  10:37:35  Show Profile
I was reading about Ann Diamond and her gastric band the other day. She had it done in Belgium but it was not put on properly and so didn't work. It was later fixed in the UK and so she has lost loads of weight. A friend of mine also had the procedure done abroad and has lost weight slowly and steadily since at a few pounds a week, and as a result hasn't ended up with loads of loose skin.

I would consider it but I'm too chicken.

Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
Average Member

563 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2009 :  13:57:20  Show Profile
Ann Diamond gets on my nerves! To be blunt she seems to be making a career out of being overweight and continuously talking about it. She's admitted herself that she didn't do any research before she had the gastric band which I find amazing. If I was having something as drastic as that done I'd want to know what was happening to me.

Go to Top of Page

Melanie Giles
Debt Diva Expert

555 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2009 :  01:33:05  Show Profile
I could do with losing a few pounds steadily each week - even one would do, but I am still munching my way through the Xmas choccies. Hubby keeps finding new boxes - I swear he keeps buying them in Tescos.

Diet firmly starts tomorrow with a vengeance - I've only got six weeks until skiing!

Melanie Giles is a Licensed Insolvency Practitioner with over 23 years experience of helping people to budget more efficiently or resolving their financial difficulties. Melanie is a director of the IVA Advice Bureau, a leading provider of insolvency services with specific experience of voluntary arrangements, debt management and bankruptcy assistance.
Go to Top of Page

Vanessa Phillips
Debt Diva Expert

464 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2009 :  14:31:10  Show Profile
Hmm, I know what you mean on the chocky front. I keep trying to foist all mine on my children to prevent myself from eating them. Even the dog has had enough now!!!!!!!!!

Vanessa Phillips
Mortgage and Lending Consultant
Go to Top of Page

Sue Clay
Debt Diva Expert

64 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  00:40:27  Show Profile
A tip for all those left over choccies.....

Take them into the office and share them with all your work colleagues - the plan is that the bigger everyone is around you the slimmer you will feel/look - no need for diets and does not cost a penny!!!!

Susan Clay
Licensed Insolvency Practitioner with over 24 years experience of delivering solutions to people and business.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Pervoe

95 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2009 :  17:38:50  Show Profile
Hi Sue

What a good idea that was, everyone was moaning as they chomped their way through yet another mince pie or choccie!!!

Still think everyone should invest in the Indian Knight diet book and have a look at pig2twig website!!

Edited by - Sue Pervoe on 10 January 2009 17:54:05
Go to Top of Page

Agent Smith
Average Member

782 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2009 :  16:47:04  Show Profile
I had a gastric bypass three weeks ago, and so far I have lost 2st 7lbs (which includes the time I spent on the pre op diet). Don't feel at all hungry but I am still on liquids at the moment - I am so looking forward to next week when I can go onto pureed foods! Mushed up Weetabix has never looked so good!

9 months into an IVA.
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
Average Member

563 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2009 :  17:23:57  Show Profile
I bet you're counting down the days!

I'm bored with Slimming World already - I'm sick of the sight of pasta and rice, and the white tiger roll I had with soup at lunchtime tasted amazing!

Not sure what I'm doing now, but Weight Watchers is looking more likely as I can have more variety.

Why can't I be naturally thin?!?!?

Go to Top of Page

Agent Smith
Average Member

782 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2009 :  18:38:25  Show Profile
I'd give anything for some pasta or rice!

9 months into an IVA.
Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Vanessa Phillips
Debt Diva Expert

464 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2009 :  22:10:11  Show Profile
I need to get back on to the Slimming World plan so I am going to class on Wednesday and when I've got my head around the new EE plan, I'll report back!!!

Vanessa Phillips
Mortgage and Lending Consultant
Go to Top of Page

Melanie Giles
Debt Diva Expert

555 Posts

Posted - 12 January 2009 :  23:55:24  Show Profile
Wow Jan - that is fantastic news. I have been following your story on the other forum, and I think you are doing really well. It was a very brave decision to make, but you will really start to see the benefits soon. My daughter in law has lost 11 stone with hers, and she looks 10 years younger - in fact she looks like a completely different girl.

You are making me all feel guilty - as I haven't even started mine yet. Would be interested to know about the EE plan Vanessa - I lost 4 stone on Slimming World five years ago, and have put five back on. It cannot continue!

Go to Top of Page

Tracey
Average Member

563 Posts

Posted - 13 January 2009 :  09:33:40  Show Profile
I wasn't going too badly with Weight Watchers until last night when Dave went out - I managed half a tube of Pringles (low fat!) and some Green and Blacks. Why don't I have any willpower?!?!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Debt Divas Answer © 2008 - 2017 Debt Divas Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Consumer Credit Licence: 0617772. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Please note that telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.